How to Reset and configure an Epson wireless printerOn January 20, 2020 by admin
Resetting and configuring the Epson printer is an effective way to start your pc from scratch and troubleshoot lingering printer issues. Please go through the steps of the process…..
Reset Of Printer
- Turn your printer off.
- Use a paper clip or you can also use the tip of a pen to press and hold the reset on the back of the printer.
- While holding the reset button, turn your printer on & continue to hold the reset button.
- After a few seconds, a warning will print out. Release the reset button. And after warning printout, another sheet will print showing the factory reset the IP address of the printer. In which newer Epson models will default to a DHCP address.
Configuration Of Printer
- On your computer connected to the Revel network, open Safari or a web browser.
- Enter the printer’s IP address & tap Go.
- The next page will direct you to enter the login credentials. For example, Enter the following:
- Username: epson222
- Password: *********
- In the Configuration menu, navigate to TCP/IP.
- Configure the following settings on the TCP/IP settings page:
- Get IP Address: Manual
- Set using Automatic Private IP Addressing (APIPA): Disable
- Set using PING: Disable
- IP address: desired IP of the printer (Revel’s standard address range for printers is 192.168.22.205 – 192.168.22.219)
- Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0
- Default Gateway: 0.0.0.0
- Socket Timeout Value: 300
And at last, tap Submit.
Reset or power cycle of the printer.
NOTE: TheOlder Epson printers will default to old IP address 192.168.192.168, in this case, skip to section “Legacy Epson Configuration” for configuration instructions.